Participation in performing and visual arts inspires students’ creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
In this Quality Profile, we share some of our students' many artistic achievements.
- More than 30 Brady Middle School students participated in the school's production of "Footloose" in the OHS Auditorium
- Orange High School musicians performed for the Kiwanis Club of Lander Circle
- The OHS and BMS Orchestras, Bands and Choirs performed for the community at their winter and spring concerts
- The OHS Orchestra and Choir performed the Alma Mater at the 2017 Commencement ceremony. Members of the OHS Choir also performed it at the Alumni Hall of Fame inductions
- All grades at Moreland Hills School perform a concert each year for parents
- Music is offered to children in grades K-5 at MHS. In fifth grade, students have the option to choose an instrument and be part of the school band or orchestra
- OHS seniors involved in the school’s art program had the opportunity to showcase their best work at the week-long Senior Art Fair
- The OHS "Underground" includes opportunities for students in ceramics, painting, drawing, television production, art design and photography
- In what has become an annual tradition, BMS celebrated the arts with a program that included the 2017 BMS Flag Design Contest Winner, music, poetry, art and drama
- Students in grades K-5 at MHS explore various forms of art using paint, ceramics and other artistic tools. The art teachers often collaborate with the classroom teachers to design curriculum that enhances art and core subjects