To be eligible for graduation and to receive an Orange High School diploma, a student must have earned a minimum of 21 credits and have passed the State of Ohio Proficiency Tests (classes of 2014-2016). The Class of 2017 will be required to meet the new State of Ohio Graduation Test requirements yet to be determined. Seniors participating in Senior Project must complete all requirements of the Senior Project to be eligible for graduation.
|Subject ||Units |
|English ||4 |
|Science (must include Biology and Physical Science) ||3 |
|Mathematics ||4 |
|Social Studies, (U.S./World History, American Century, Govt./Economics, History & Democracy or AP European) ||3 1/2 |
|Fine Art ||1 |
|Health ||1/2 |
|Physical Education ||1/2 |
|Electives ||4 1/2 |
Fourth year students who are to receive their diplomas in August may participate in all senior class activities, except the actual commencement ceremonies.
Students who fulfill graduation requirements later than August will be carried as members of the succeeding graduation class.
The Honors Diploma will be issued to students who complete Orange graduation requirements, pass all of the ninth grade proficiency tests and meet any seven of the additional eight criteria listed below:
- Earn four units of English
- Earn four units of math, which must include competencies gained in Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry.
- Earn four units in science including chemistry and physics.
- Earn four units of social studies.
- Earn three units of one foreign language or two units each of two different foreign languages.
- Earn one unit of fine arts.
- Maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.5 (Unweighted) through the middle of the senior year.
- Obtain a 27 on the ACT or a 1210 composite score on the SAT.
Early High School Graduation - For information regarding Early High School graduation, please click on link to the left and refer to Board Policy 5464 under "Students".