School Nurses advance the well- being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students (National Association of School Nurses, 2010).
Welcome to Orange Schools Health Services web page where parents can access health forms and health information.
Each school building is staffed with a full-time licensed School Nurse during regular school hours. Research shows that healthy children are ready to learn, and our goal is to have each student entering school healthy and learning.
- Vision is routinely screened in K, 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
- Hearing is routinely screened in K, 1, 3, 5, 9 and 11.
- Students should stay home when they don’t feel well and if any of these symptoms are present:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher without medication
- Severe sore throat
- Persistent or severe cough
- Undiagnosed rash
- An earache or draining ear
- Cold symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, cough that are not being managed well by the student
Students must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school.
Students must stay home for 24 hours after last vomiting episode.
- Head lice are a very common problem, especially between the ages of 3-12 years old. We ask that parents do their part and check their student’s hair routinely at home for live louse.
- Parents will be contacted when students need to go home due to illness or injury.
- A communicable disease confirmed by the child’s physician must be reported to the School Nurse. Communicable diseases are Chickenpox, Coxsackie Virus (Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease), Croup, Fifth Disease, Flu (Influenza), Hepatitis, HIV, Impetigo, Lice, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis), Pinworms, Ringworm, Scabies, and Strep Throat.
- Students in grades 7-12 who participate in interscholastic sports are required to have an athletic physical.
In compliance with the Ohio Revised Code No. 3313.671 and 3701.13 students will not be permitted to attend school unless all immunization requirements are met.
For a complete list of required immunizations, visit www.odh.ohio.gov/odhprograms/bid/immunization/imunchsc.aspx
Physical examinations: All newly enrolled students to Orange, are requested to provide a physical examination report from their health care provider. This examination should not be older than one calendar year.