Orange City School District bus drivers have once again 'ruled the Road(E-O)'! Our drivers dominated the annual State and Regional Road-E-O events, winning two State Titles!
The team of Burns, Gordyan, Jose Feliciano and Jasmin Thomas took first place at Regionals and the team of Becker, Dale Hassing, Larry Germovsek and Skip Lotarski took second place. Orange Schools also took the "Leading By Example Award" for being the District with the highest number of rookie competitors.
- 1st place, State and Regional Champion Deb Burns (pictured right) who now competes at the International Contest in North Carolina the weekend of July 15, 2016!!!
- The "North Region" team including Burns, David Gordyan and Debbie Becker who took top team honors at the State competition!
- 3rd place in the Region & State Finalist: David Gordyan
- 5th place in the Region & State Finalist: Debbie Becker
- 8th place in the Region & State Alternate: Mike Sokolich
- 12th place in the Region & State Alternate: David Walkden
Every spring the Ohio Department of Education holds its regional and state-level School Bus Driver Safety Road-E-O, a competition designed to advance and showcase area drivers demonstrating their skills and knowledge of laws and safety issues. The Road-E-O is sponsored by the Ohio Association of Public School Employees, Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation, Ohio Department of Education Transportation Section, Ohio Education Association, and Ohio School Bus Mechanics Association.
More than 130 drivers from around northeast Ohio competed in the North Region this year, known to be the most competitive region in Ohio with 14 hours of competition.
Congratulations to all of our incredible drivers...you make us proud to be Orange!!!