Join Us for the Re-opening of the OHS Auditorium TONIGHT!!!
The Orange City School District invites the community to join us as the curtain on the newly renovated Orange High School Auditorium is raised tonight, Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 6:45 p.m. See students perform and get a behind-the-scenes backstage tour. This event kicks off a celebration of students' performances and activities that will occur throughout the school year.
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 6:45 p.m.
- OHS Jazz Band plays as guests enter the house and take their seats
The celebration will continue with these upcoming events:
- Welcome from Mrs. Angela Wilkes, Board of Education President
- Student Performances
- OHS Jazz Band
- OHS Advanced String Ensemble
- OHS Jazz Choir
- Backstage tours of auditorium led by students and staff
- December 10, 2015: Brady Middle School Winter Instrumental Concert featuring the BMS Orchestra and Band
- December 15, 2015: Brady Middle School Winter Choir Concert
- December 17, 2015: Orange High School Choir Concert
- January 15, 2016: Actively Caring for People / Virginia Tech event
- January 15-16, 2016: Stagecrafters Youth Theatre Presents "Annie"
- February 4, 2016: Orange High School Winter Instrumental Concert
The Orange High School Auditorium first opened its doors in 1958. After nearly 60 years and thousands of performances, the auditorium was in need of major renovations. Permanent Improvement funds were used for this project as a part of the Orange School District's FutureVision Master Campus Plan.
- February 26, 2016: Up with People
- February 27, 2016: OHS Unity in Diversity Talent Show
The renovations included:
- Removal of the outdated plaster ceiling and installation of acoustically reflective suspended bowed ceiling panels.
- Installation of a permanent stage extension to replace the old removable extension
- Replacement of all auditorium fixed seating, including removable seats to provide compliant ADA wheelchair spaces
- A new lighting/sound control booth
- Installation of new finishes, including wood paneling, acoustic fabric panels, carpeting, and an epoxy floor
- Renovation of the fly system and lighting battens
- Installation of a new access catwalk
- New entry way with new doors and adjacent wood paneling
- Addition of a green room/writing lab
- Renovation of the existing dressing rooms, including the addition of a production work room