We have closely followed the guidelines of our state and local health officials throughout the ongoing pandemic to ensure the safety of our students, staff and community. This led to the closing of the Orange Schools Campus and restrictions on public gatherings. The governor’s office and local health organizations have recently updated those health guidelines and restrictions which continue to evolve. We are sharing with you here how the most current information affects our Campus usage.
Beginning Monday, June 8:
School District Use:
- Orange Schools Athletics may use the stadium, tennis courts, and fields following OHSAA rules and state guidelines for reopening for school athletics
- Community members may use the stadium track but are prohibited from using the stadium turf field (grass fields F1-F5 can be used following guidelines)
- The tennis courts, ballfields and grass soccer fields will be open to community members under these restrictions:
- Only when not in use by Orange Schools Athletics
- Daylight hours only
- Must use social distancing guidelines
- No teams or large groups
- Observe the 6-foot distance rule
- Both pools will remain closed the entire summer
- Outdoor basketball courts remain closed
- Playgrounds remain closed
- All buildings on campus remain closed to the public
- Please follow the rules posted at the various locations throughout Campus
A follow up regarding community usage of the Orange Schools Campus when it is not being used by school programs is forthcoming.
We will continue to monitor the ongoing changes in the state and county pandemic guidelines and update everyone as restrictions change.
Thank you for your support. Stay safe.