We look forward to sharing the Class of 2020 Virtual Commencement with the community and celebrating our graduates. This event will be accessible by visiting:
The Orange City School District community is invited to celebrate with the Class of 2020 at Orange High School’s Virtual Commencement this Sunday, May 31 at 6 p.m.
The Virtual Commencement will be available to view on the Orange Schools OH YouTube Channel
. This will allow families to view the video on the District website, mobile devices, computers, Smart TVs, and streaming devices (Roku, Apple, Google, and Amazon). A recording of the event also will be viewable on YouTube after the broadcast.
The Class of 2020 Virtual Commencement will include:
- “Pomp and Circumstance” performed by OHS student musicians
- The National Anthem and the Orange Alma Mater performed by OHS students
- Welcome by OHS Principal, Dr. Paul Lucas
- Acknowledgment of OHS legacy graduates
- Remarks by Orange Board of Education President, Mrs. Beth Wilson-Fish
- Congratulatory messages from a few OHS Alumni
- Recognition of Valedictorian and Salutatorian by Superintendent, Dr. Lynn Campbell
- Class President introduction of guest speaker Ms. Andrea Hope Rubin (OHS ‘83)
- Speeches by the Class of 2020 Valedictorian and guest speaker
- Announcement and recognition of all graduates
We look forward to sharing the Class of 2020 Virtual Commencement with the community and celebrating our graduates. This event will be accessible by visiting the Orange Schools OH YouTube Channel or the District website.
During the week of June 8, graduates will have an opportunity to receive their diplomas in-person while observing social distancing. Every student will have their name called, safely proceed to the stage, receive their diploma, and turn their tassel. Each graduate will have a professional picture taken in cap and gown. Yearbooks will be available to pick up along with gifts for the students. More information will be shared soon. A recording of both this event and the virtual commencement will be given to each student as a Class of 2020 keepsake.
With social distancing causing a change in plans for this year, we were also proud to recognize our seniors virtually for college signing day, senior awards night, music department awards ceremony, senior art show, senior athlete recognition, prom promenade photo opp, and OHS legacy recognition. OHS joined other area high schools earlier this spring to light the stadium at 8:20 p.m. (20:20 military time). Along with our banner across Chagrin Blvd and OHS digital sign congratulating our seniors, we thank the OHS PTA for their senior photo banner and yard signs as well as our communities who have supported the Class of 2020 through various signage and dedications.