Dear Orange City School District Families,
The well-being of our students and staff is the Orange City School District’s highest priority. With the recently elevated concern regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take a moment to reinforce typical infectious disease precautions and share with you some of the things we are doing to ensure students have safe and healthy learning environments.
The District is continuously monitoring the situation through both the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). We will be prepared to follow their response recommendations for schools.
As with any illness, such as flu, ODH recommends the following precautions for your child(ren) and you:
- Keep your child home if they are sick (except to visit a health care professional).
- Instruct and remind your child to wash their hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water.
- Instruct and remind your child to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Instruct and remind your child to cover their mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Provide your child with adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
If you plan on traveling over Spring Break please consult the CDC link for Travelers.
Proactive measures are taken at each school building:
- Our trained staff performs routine environmental cleaning in the classrooms and on the buses.
- Frequently touched surfaces are properly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Students are reminded to use preventative personal hygiene strategies, such as handwashing, covering cough and sneezes, and avoiding the T-Zone (eyes, nose, mouth) with unclean hands.
More information on the Coronavirus (COVID19):
If you have any questions, please contact your school nurse or reach out to me at 216-831-8600, ext. 6752 / [email protected].
Dr. Lynn Campbell