Dear Orange Families,
Please find below important information and answers to questions related to implementing the hybrid model of instruction. We are excited for all students to embark on a “new” experience for 2020-2021! We look forward to this next step, and we ask for your continued patience. It will take some time to make this transition, but we will continuously improve!
Is someone in your home attending in-person learning or activities on campus?
- Remember to screen for symptoms and to keep students home if symptomatic or ill.
- Please submit an acknowledgment of symptom screening if you have not already done so using the parent portal.
- Wear “appropriate masks” (no gaiters) - click here for the letter shared previously with families
- Health and Safety Procedures are linked here and on the District website. Contact the school directly to report absences per established attendance procedures. You will receive a daily reminder to screen your child for symptoms via email as well.
May my child bring and use their own hand sanitizer?
When will in-person instruction begin?
- In-person instruction will commence on Monday, November 2nd. Please look for more information from your child’s principal.
Here are some helpful inks to information shared previously
Will meals continue to be provided?
- Yes. Free meals are available to all students. Those attending in-person who have registered with food services will have a meal at the school ready for grab ‘n go. Please contact [email protected] if you have not registered your child yet. For students who remain in the full remote learning option, meals will continue to be available for pick-up at the front entrance of OHS from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. as well as via the current delivery schedules.
Will sports continue?
- Yes. In-person athletics will continue while observing safety protocols. The athletic director will keep athletes and families up to date.
When will bussing begin for students choosing the hybrid model?
- Transportation will commence on Monday, November 2nd. Information was sent to your homes via postcard and/or phone call over the past two weeks.
How long will we be in-person?
- As long as we are not at Level 4 on the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, we will implement in-person learning. Now that we are at Level 3, we know that we cannot escalate to Level 4 in less than 2 weeks, so we will be in session for the next 2 weeks and hopefully uninterrupted thereafter!
- It is important to note that other logistics, as I have referenced all along, will also play an important role in implementing the hybrid model: student attendance (quarantine, illness/case counts) and staff attendance (quarantine, illness/case counts) will impact our program viability, from transportation and cleaning, to teaching and learning. Always be prepared to return to the full remote model in the event of a severe COVID-19 logistical impact.
*It is important to remember that we can only continue in-person if we team up and do everything we can to prevent spread among our students, staff and entire community. Please avoid social gatherings and events where masking and social distancing are not enforced. While at school, we will have these procedures in place, and we will count on you to do your best. Outside of school, we need you to do the same to keep yourself and others safe!
Thanks for all of your patience and support throughout these trying times! Remember, please contact your child’s principal if you have questions.