Parents: Submit Beginning of Year and Athletic Forms Via the New Parent Portal
July 21, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Orange City School District has developed a new Parent Portal, where you can go online to verify the directory information we have on file for your child(ren), make changes if necessary and submit beginning of the year forms electronically (Emergency Medical Authorization, Internet usage, photo permission, athletics, etc…). This electronic submission takes the place of the paper forms.
The district and athletic forms are ready, along with your child’s information. When the start of the school year gets closer, information on your child’s food service account, transportation, and online fee pay option will be added.
To access the Parent Portal, please follow these directions:
1. Visit the Parent Portal login page: http://www.orangeschools.org/parentportal
2. Create your parent account by clicking on the “Sign Me Up - Click Here” link on the right-hand-side of the login page. You will need your child’s student ID number (For middle and high schools, you can find this number in ProgressBook under your child’s name in the upper right hand corner. For the elementary school, the student ID number is listed on the MAP Student Progress Report that you received with your child's recent report card).
3. Once you have created your account, select your child’s name from the dropdown and click the “View & Submit” button.
4. Check the Student Information, Residential Parent/Guardian Information and Emergency Contact Information listed for each child. Make any changes necessary to the information listed.
5. Accept or decline emergency treatment, give contact information for doctors, and list any medical information necessary.
6. Select “yes” or “no” for the listed items, which vary by school.
7. If your child participates in athletics, select the appropriate sport(s) and select “yes” or “no” for each of the items listed.
8. A digital signature must be given for parents and students before submitting the form. Please type the parent and student names here.
9. If you are not ready to submit the form, you may save it and return later to complete it.
10. When finished, submit the form.
STUDENT ATHLETES (GRADES 7-12)
For student athletes in grades 7-12, it is very important that the athletic forms be submitted by the early August deadlines. If your child is participating in fall athletics, please be sure to submit the athletic forms first. Detailed instructions and deadlines are available here. If you have any questions after reviewing the attachment, please contact the athletic department at 216-831-1862.
STUDENT ID NUMBERS
Your middle or high school child’s student identification number can be found in the upper right corner of his or her’s ProgressBook account. Your elementary school child's student ID number is listed on the MAP Student Progress Report that you received with your child's recent report card). If you cannot locate your child’s identification number in ProgressBook or on the MAP Student Progress Report, please e-mail us here and we will send it to you.
Thank you for your participation in the parent portal.